Sunday, January 20, 2008

SAlsA plEAse


I know that i am a bad dancer and ma bro just keeps on reminding me the fact that ma feet's are meant for walking not,dancing.When i saw Antonio Bendares staring movie in HBO today morning i had this urge to dance.From the time the movie got over i wanted to dance and that too SALSA!!!!!!!!!!.As salsa is a pair dance i wanted someone to pair with.Knowing ma experience in dancing all ma family members just refused,finally ma bro agreed and we started to dance to the tune of Enamorado De Ti. Well,I was going on spinning.Finally ma grandma made me stop ma spinning spree when she thought i would fall of somewhere.If that wasn't humiliating enough ma bro openly declared how bad i was as a dancer.For those who don't know about salsa's history here's some tiny bit of information.


The history of "Salsa" dance is peppered with hearsay and contradiction. Although few would disagree that the music and dance forms originate largely in Cuban Son, most agree that Salsa as we know it today is a North American interpretation of the older forms. New York's Latino community had a vibrant musical and dancing scene throughout the '50s but found limited success with the 'Anglo' mainstream. In the 1970s, adoption of the term "Salsa" reduced the linguistic and cultural barriers to mainstream adoption of Latin music and dance.
The modernization of the Mambo in the 1950s was influential in shaping what would become salsa. There is debate as to whether the dance we call Salsa today originated in Cuba or Puerto Rico. Cuba's influence in North America was diminished after Castro's revolution and the ensuing trade embargo. New York's Latino community was largely Puerto-Rican. Salsa is one of the main dances in both Cuba and Puerto Rico and is known world-wide.

These are some famous SAlsa tunes that you can dance
1
Me Tiene Loco (She's Driving Me Crazy) - Puerto Rican Power.This song is great to dance to and the lyrics are perfect because he's talking about how totally in love he is with his woman who's driving him nuts, and all he does is think about her... her beauty, "whenever she looks at me, she ties me up in knots".

2
Enamorado De Ti (I'm in Love with You) - Fuerza JuvenilHe's expressing how much he's in love with her. A really sappy love song -- "Both of us are going to grow old until the end of our lives".
3
Amor Lunatico (Crazy Love) - Giro"Oh my god, you're so beautiful, I saw a flower and I thought about you...It's the truth, what can I do... I can only think about you..." need we say more...
4
He Tratado (I Tried)- Victor Manuelle.He's trying to forget about her through another girlfriend, but he can't forget about how much he loves her, and she's already with another man.... "I'm happy that you're happy, but your happiness hurts me -- how can you forget about what we have?"
5
Una y Mil Veces (A Thousand and One Times) - Jerry Rivera"A thousand and one times, I''ll love you, a thousand and one times, I'll sing to you. This song will reach you wherever you are.

6
Una Aventura (One Adventure) - Grupo Niche"Life is sweet and with you on ma side its sweeter
6
Pena de Amor (The Pain of Love) - Puerto Rican Power.This song is about a guy-friend who tells the woman that she's got to learn how to forget about her ex-boyfriend; OR it's her boyfriend who's reminding her to get over her old boyfriend.
7
Bombon de Azucar (Lollipop with Sugar) - Charlie CruzA totally happy love song -- "He couldn't believe how his life has changed now that she is part of his life".
8
Mi Reina (My Queen) - Manole Another really happy and fun song to dance to. He treats her like a queen -- "she's the one I love, she's one I adore..."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hai friends, really very good picture & posts, my best wishes for your blog & posts & yours team.......bye noushad.aleppy

noushad.aleppy said...

Hi friends, please contineus your new posts & best wishes......bye noushad.aleppy [ noushad.aleppy@yahoo.com ].

noushad.aleppy said...

Hai friends, very beutiful picture.....contineu....bye noushad.aleppy...,