Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Brotherish


Ma bro and me rarely go out together.With a different view about things around us,its better for the people around if, we take different paths.He can be pretty over-brotherish at times,trying to be overprotective.Constant reminders of the fact that I'm 4 years elder to him doesn't get into his head and we end up fighting mid road.Yesterday i promised him a treat,just like that.Whole morning he kept on nagging me for the treat,the authorities stepped in on his support."you promised him, you ought to keep your word".With the matter reaching mom's and dad's court i had no way to escape,i was stuck in the company of over spoken,confused teenager.We had a small walk to the coffee shop,upon reaching there we ordered the same ice cream and peacefully we were back home in 2 hours.I don't know what got into me but, i was quite relaxed every time ma brother asked me to step aside when vehicles came ma way,i was at ease whenever he asked me to switch positions when strangers came on to ma side.I was completely peaceful when he scolded me for walking slow.To a max 4 years,the time when ma brother would be able to boss me around,scold me,shout at me on top of his voice.Once I'm married he will have no authority over ma life,he will be a mere stranger,a call or an occasional visit may be the only links that will be connecting us.We will be building our own nests,weaving our own dreams and all the good and bad times will be just memories,something to laugh about.Well, for now I'm done with promises .

No comments: