Saturday, October 25, 2008

Adventure


It all began 2 days before.A 3:oo pm,i was handed over the mark list of 6th semester University exam.Happy with ma marks,i jolted down the stairs.That's when Rahul stopped me"writing improvement?"."Well,iv got more than what i deserve so should i?" i asked.I usually don't like the idea of writing the previous semester paper all over again. "Da give me some company"he begged.He tricked me into writing Control System Theory(That's the way i put it).Improvement form was ready with me ,the only thing i didn't fill up was the subject ,as i wasn't sure so as whether i should write or not.Me and ma best buddy Smi were supposed to write the same exam but, she scored a 70+ and if she ever dares to open her mouth on improvement she will be dead meat (According to ma classmates).
With the filled form we went to the college office that's when we got to know another thing.The last date for form submission was on 18th and guess what ???we got our mark list on 23rd(so typical of our university).So, four( Rahul, me,Sher, Anu) of us decided to take a ride to university which is in the next district.I wasn't sure about the whole thing but, Rahul again tricked me into coming with him.It was decided that the guys will get in from the first stop and me from mine."Just tell the bus name okie" i reminded him.
I get up(all by ma self),get ready and walk to the stop, that's when i noticed i had just 1 rupee as balance in ma mob.Sher called me and said"the bus name is Priyadarsini .Its a white limited stop bus".As i waited in the stop i messaged Rahul"where has the bus reached?"."2 stops before yours" he messaged back.The bus comes to a screeching halt at ma stop ,a white LS bus named Priyadarsini. I got in and turned back ma mates were not in sight."I got in to the bus" i messaged by then the bus was in motion."What???? the bus hasn't reached your stop" Rahul messaged back.Okay!!! i don't need extra intelligence to understand that i got into the WRONG bus.That's when i heard a passenger say that another bus named Priyadarsini was right behind the one i was travelling in ,both had same destination and the same COLOUR!!!!. The thing is, the bus ma mates were travelling in takes a longer route while mine reaches the destination way early.Time to think....the place that we were heading to was 2 hour away.But,thankfully for me it was en route to ma mom's place. I knew the place like the back of ma palm(not exactly!!!).I got down at the mid stop and waited for the other Priyadarsini to arrive. I stood in the bus stop for almost about 40 minutes before i was relieved to see ma mates waving at me.Finally!!!!! after 30 minutes we reached the university.Ma uncle rang me up yesterday and as i narrated the incident he added on"They have nearly 15 buses plying on the same route named Priyadarsini".Great!!!!.
As i got into the bus i told Shery" Thank goodness its not Kozhikode or Kannur, if it was i would have killed you guys".What remains to be seen is whether the journey was worth it.With 65 marks already in ma kitty i don't think i have any hope of improvement.So the whole trip wasn't a journey at all but, it was an adventure

1 comment:

DHAMMIKA JAYASINGHE said...

Your one is GOOD