Sunday, December 16, 2007

A Walk To Remember.........


I don't remember the colours
I don't remember the new faces
that have invaded the old ones.
I don't remember the changes bygone
But,i do remember the scent of the chalk powder
the sound of the bell
bustling labs
It was a walk to remember
by product of past
I was at ma bro's school to get his progress report
the school,that was mine
the school ,where i spent better part of ma life
the school where i learned the lessons of life
Suddenly everything seems new
long 3 years................
I have lost all ma pasts
still i took a walk through the
corridors
I could feel ma self,ma stories at every corner
the auditorium, standing on the podium where
i gave ma farewell speech.......
Clutching ma brother's progress report
in one hand
i made the exit through the gates
silently i said to ma self
"wish i would have never grown up
a walk to remember
down the memory lanes"

No comments: