Wednesday, January 07, 2009

BUNNY TALES


I'm finally getting tired of the holidays.Wish i could go back to college,the place i love to hate.College officially started on 5th, and I'm yet to make an appearance.Debates,discussions on ARTS fest are in full swing .I'm deviating from what i indented to post in the first place,I don't think all you people will be excited to hear about ma boring life.First things first,this incident happened 5 months before and it really taught me that most of us are ignorant about the hot topics in college.No one cares about Israel attacks or LTTE camp been captured by Lankan army.So,what are the hot topic being discussed by future engineers?.Here is ma take through a past experience.
Iv a big fetish for earrings,I do blow away a small part of ma not so hard earned pocket money on anything shiny and beautiful.Like any other shopping day I went to Goodwill,in search of the right earring.I made up ma mind and decided to go in for small studs instead of large ones that fill up ma wardrobe. I searched through 100 of small earrings before coming to a halt on a small rabbit earring.The very next day i wore ma rabbit to college,and all the girls seemed bowled by ma choice . Someone even commented i looked cute with the rabbit in ma ears.That very evening while in canteen i noticed Samir staring at me "di show me your ear" he said.Well,i was quite apprehensive initially mainly ,owing to the fundamental rule"GUYS ARE NOT INTERESTED IN GIRLY ACCESSORIES". He went on staring at ma rabbit and all of a sudden his face began to shine"I love it!!!" he said with a grin on his face.The incident was long forgotten but, not until the next week .

The very next week during L n T recruitment of which i wasn't a part still,i wore the same Rabbit earrings.While walking through the corridors George stopped me, he was giving me the same look Samir gave me a week before"Aren't you wearing a playboy bunny?".Transformation from rabbit to bunny was fun but, PLAYBOY was definitely not fun.George called in almost everyone and showed them ma earrings"Look what Opal is wearing:A playboy bunny",most of the guys were giving me weird looks."I never knew" I told them innocently."You don't know play boy bunny?" Vish asked."Well, Guys common,the only book I'm accustomed to is ma engineering books,not playboy magazines " i tried to hide in ma embarrassment behind ma inflated courage.I saw Samir in between the crowd with the grin of his.So, he knew it all along and never let me know Grrrr.....I removed the earring to avoid further embarrassment and hid it safely in ma locker.Me and ma playboy bunny became instant stars in the campus.Well, now you know what worldly knowledge you need to survive the hurricane called college?

No comments: