Saturday, December 06, 2008



Ma parents don't approve to some of ma self made theories,mostly the ones related to religion and GOD.There exists an ideological clash between the two generation in this regard.Both of ma parents are highly pious, they never miss their daily schedule of visiting temples,they have a piece of advice for me every time ,they see me lazing around"Go to Temple".I don't approve of their point as for me God exists everywhere,and just a moment of prayer,or a silent thanks is more than enough for divine blessings.Am not an atheist as I believe in the supreme power,the unknown force that drives the universe.Science alone can't satisfy our curious minds,there needs to be something beyond the explainable,mysterious intervention for us to place our trust and move on.Whenever something goes wrong, the first name that comes out of our mind is "oh GOD".Its that we trust that the divine intervention will somehow make all the difference and will bring out a better tomorrow.After all its hopes and dreams that keeps us alive.


Iv always wondered "Why people find it so important to visit temples?",i think i have finally found ma answer.Last day on being forced to temple,i was taking ma Pradikshnams when someone called out ma name,to ma surprise it was ma classmate out of nowhere i asked"You here?".Next sentence was a humiliating one"I come here everyday.You here?".He just hit me for a sixer,this classmate of mine is from Trissur.He stays in the hostel but, he travels 35 minutes everyday to ma place just to visit temple whereas for ma self,the temple is not even 5 minutes walk from ma home and all i do is to laze around.Ma mother ,totally impressed by this guy said"Opal visits temple, when its her birthday,or when there is a festival".That makes me wanna tell something,a regret may be .I couldn't attend the temple festival this time,every morning i would get up of ma bed and say out loud"evening ,i will" something comes up at the exact time and this time i didn't even attend one day of the festival.I think iv to do a lot of talking and ask for forgetfulness to see ma Deity smile again.


Yesterday,i visited the Eranakulam Siva temple not, the usual practise for me as i substituted for ma brother who is having pre-boards.When i reached the temple,it was almost empty except for the"Om nama sivaya "chant that filled the surrounding.The atmosphere was so calm and peaceful that i wished if i could stay looking at the Deity for few more hours.The flickering lamps and the odour of sandalwood filled the atmosphere.It all , forced some random thoughts "The reason why people visit temples".I think from ma daily see that temple is a sanctuary where one get the perfect atmosphere to think,to repent for ones mistakes.The atmosphere soothes,calms and brings out the positive energy in a person.God is one person,who listens to all our sorrows,pains ,sufferings and we expect reassurance in form of smile(my Divine sign) or some other gestures.I communicate,talk, to the divine deity before me and every time i seem to get an answer.When i pray beyond the walls of temple boundaries,i pray for ma self,a one way communication,ma needs,ma issues.It doesn't give the same sense of security or warmth as it does for the temple.


I have had ma share of interventions or as you call it "the divine calls".I have experienced it in random manner.One such moment i would like to share. It was one of those special days in CHOTTANIKARA BHAGAVATHY TEMPLE",the one in which long ques stretched even outside the temple premises.After one hour in scorching sun,when we reached on to the temple nada,it closed for pooja.I stood there,beginning to feel dizzy and nauseous.Finally ,when it came unbearable i closed ma eyes and prayed"I came all this way just to see you,and if nada doesn't open now,i may faint.Please,i just want one glimpse".As i opened ma eyes after ma prayer,the nada opened and i felt goddess was smiling on me,telling me not to worry.That moment, i still remember,i couldn't hold back ma tears.After, that incident i became a staunch believer of Devi,there are many more stories i would like to share associated with the same temple.Most of the time ,SHE bails me out ,helps me,advises me.This is one temple i would recommend to all you people.


Ma uncle,(mother's brother) was the black sheep of family and as most of ma relatives would say"just like me".He was a person on the harder end questioning the very existence of GOD.Years have passed,he is 37 now and every time i visit his house he takes me to VAIKOM MAHADEVA KSHETHRAM".He never misses his daily walk to the temple.He has changed a lot from his younger days,there is more order and responsibility in his life now.


The thing is as children or as teenagers we tend to question everything that needs to be feared,parents teachers,GOD .When age catches up,we have nowhere to turn to except for "GOD".May be i will understand the real meaning of worship and the ultimate power one day.These are some of ma thoughts and some of you may not agree with me viewpoint.Each one of us have different views on this topic and our experiences my vary.


No comments: