Thursday, January 05, 2012

Facebook Etiquette

Image:Google




We have all had our lessons on Email etiquette, office etiquette, table etiquette, blogging etiquette, and  the multi million etiquette we were taught that we hardly (In my case follow) bother about. Now it's time for Facebook etiquette....before I begin with my lecture series let me remind you all that these are not intended to hurt the feelings of anyone especially not of my 1090 facebook friends.


  • Friend Requests
Why on earth would I want to add someone who judge me by my profile pic?. I  usually filter my friend requests by number of common friends and by dropping by their profile to ensure I am not being friends with a psychopath or a murderer for that matter. This filter has its own flaws as I  recently found out cause, I only know half of the people in my friend list personally. Sometimes I am so put off by the profiles of some of my said school juniors that I refuse, or even simply delete them off my list. Then there are guys who don't give up and even resort to threaten mode via messages. So, people please add me only and only if you know me personally.

  • Group invitation
There is no invitation, you have just random guys in my friend list always adding me to random groups. Cool Guys group???Dude I am neither a Guy nor am I cool so stop bothering me by adding me to random groups just for increasing the head count of members. I always end up receiving texts at wrong time (Read meetings) informing me that so and so has posted some crappy stuff in Generation X group. I have to go all the way to the group site and click leave from group to stop receiving updates. Iv tried every button in the privacy tab so that I can control which group am added to but, nothing seems to work. If anyone of you actually know something regarding this please do let me know. I wouldn't have any problem in case  my REAL friend add  me into the alumni circle without my approval. Totally understandable.

  • Tagging

I know you would want to showcase your talent in front of the whole facebook community but tagging all your friend in your friend list is not the right thing to do. Tag only if absolute necessary or if you would want to refresh some old memories(School pics). I would never prefer tagging without prior permission.

  • Inboxing
I used to frequent some blogshops and after weeks I found my FB inbox bombarded with texts from unknown people asking me to check their blogshops. If I am interested I will for sure purchase from your shop, the reason why I am not placing any orders itself shows my lack of interests or my financial situation or even your own bad repute. So, please stop sending texts or filling my inbox.



Some of my friend would like to add to to the list they say

  • Promotions

Putting one's blogpost as status is total put off


Lemme clarify: As my own status you, as my friend is given a choice, choice to either click on the status there by getting to know my tastes better or not bothering at all. I am doing no harm to even a single soul. Most bloggers have their own blog pages but being into blogging purely for recording purpose and also due to lack of fan following I don't think I can afford to maintain yet another account with yet another password. So, my friends are always welcome to ignore my statuses and jump into other profiles.


New year, filled with new hopes and for me this is a special year. Will be back with more ramblings.





6 comments:

Swarnali said...

this has to be one of your best posts :)
I loved every word of it... especially the last one...people always have the option of ignoring my status...absolutely!!
& that tagging in random pics saying good night,happy new year etc etc plus adding to every idiotic group is terrible irritating..!!

Style, She Wrote said...

Great post! I loved what you wrote and agreed with most of it, especially "Why would someone want to be friends with me based on my FB profile pic?" Smart! xo style, she wrote

Chandana said...

Awesome post!
I hate people who tag me in random pictures. Especially when its not a photo and its some stupid quotation or something like that!

Thripti Aravind said...

@Swarnali yup and the saddest part is I can't do anything about it :(

Thripti Aravind said...

@Style, She Wrote I even disabled my profile pic folder cause I hated random people asking me 2 be their friends..

Thripti Aravind said...

@TheGirlAtFirstAvenue aaagh!!!and my phone goes on beeping telling X commented on a pic you were tagged in, 2 mins later Y commented and so on..l..