Wednesday, August 10, 2011

I was always made to believe that love was blind. For me the theorem had a loophole somewhere and never had my money vouched for, I still had a doubt about my apprehensions ”What if it’s not true for the majority?”. There existed people around me who still believed in the age old wise talk. Some engagement pictures of a friend of mine proved that my doubting genes were all in place and working fine .Love isn’t blind, it has all the senses intact well, as a matter of fact it can see things most of us can’t, feel, hear and even smell better than a person who is not in love. Love as an entity is like a human, with presumably better senses .If not how can you explain the phenomenon of Love-Breakup-Just Friends? . After college the surprises kept on pouring, Facebook showed me changing facets of relationship as “status”. XXX engaged to ZZZ and I hold back my bewildered face for a moment and think then what about YYY? .The same YYY who refused to be away from XXX whole through the college life?. Everyone talked about how a perfect couple they were, even professors would agree on the same. They used to be inseparable with XXX keeping aside all her works so that YYY could submit his lab records, XXX constant visit to the classrooms to make sure YYY was properly eating!!!!. After college you see XXX’es status as engaged to ZZZ (Obviously a millionaire NRI hunk). Now I start wondering “what about good old love stories with happy endings?” .Few love stories have stood test of time and luckily mine falls in that rare category. 3 years and counting until WEDLOCK-DEADLOCK J. I couldn’t imagine myself loving someone and spending my whole life with someone else, for me my love was more about dreams that I weaved and for me to break a nest to build a castle was not acceptable. I wanted to share my aspirations, dreams and life with a single person so, I settled in for a guy whom my family would approve of. The guy turns out to be everything my family wants, everything I want and how lucky can I get?. My LOVE is going strong and the reason for it is “MY LOVE WAS WEARING A LONG SIGHTEDNESS SPECTACLES “.See, LOVE isn’t blind it’s just an opportunist.

No comments: