Monday, August 01, 2011

1. THE SPIRIT OF AIRBUS

A fine morning to end a series. Today I will be penning down the last of the series, snapping all the clogged emotions , all the while cherishing the little moments of togetherness
Okay!!!what do I miss the most in airbus...no prize for guessing its

PEOPLE and MOMENTS

I really can't figure out the order of prominence with which I miss them .Both of the above seems to haunt me down in ma loneliness, poking and pricking my consciousness.

PEOPLE

People, coming from a close nit environment I was not sure whether I would fit into the corporate culture. Initially it was self compelled exile refusing to mix, I was curling up in ma shell. Malvika would nudge me to come along for lunch and slowly I was walking out of my comfort zone. Soon enough, myself and Mallu became 12 O clock lunch partners.
The bond between the 5 of us was strong, beyond the workspace or the corporate race, 5 of us were turning out to be a surprise package...pulling each other's leg, irritating, WE bought the much needed freshness of youth into the ODC. No one was spared, not even the guys from TESTING!!
For us each day was a fresh beginning and start of a new struggle. Somewhere down the lane, even when pressure was looming over heads or when each of us were singing a completely different tune, we just had enough time for that 10 am chai or simple silly jokes.
Innumerable jokes cracked, some worth 100 million bucks, some poor duds .I still remember majority of them, most of them aimed at top guns we merried away extending 10 minutes break to 45 or even an hour. The 7th floor A wing balcony hold lots of memories, the lookout for good looking miniature creatures(that’s how you get the view from 7th floor), the strong wind blowing against a day’s frustration or even the Malayalam sentences that fills up our conversation much to the annoyance of Rahul n Laxmin. What stays with me is not just the aroma of morning coffee but, the smell of memories some sweet, some bitter.
The series is not long enough to highlight the human and inhuman sides of inmates of AIRBUS but, a short peek into the lives of colorful people wouldn’t hurt right?. So, here goes

1. Malvika Manoj

My work buddy cum lunch buddy. A prism, which takes in the dull white light and refracts into a colorful rainbow . A shopping junkie like me, our talks range from one extreme to other. An absolute delight.

2. Tinu Babu

Cubicle mate and weekend mate. It’s the long serious chats with her that I have enjoyed the most. Pocket full of mysteries as she likes to keep her life to herself. But, even with a bad start I found someone to whom I can confide my secrets.

3. Manish Mohan Unnithan

Versatile guy-early morning bird who listens to all my ramblings. Focused!! he knows his aims and desires. Clean slate, and it’s always nice to have someone who can go on listening to you for hours without even battling an eyelid.

4. Laxmindhar Mahapatra

One moment I think I got this guy all figured out and the next moment I have to convince myself I know nothing. Confused and never resisting the flow of life. I have wished if he could just pour out. He doesn’t and the more turmoiled he becomes deep inside.

5. Rahul Sharma

Encyclopedia-Fun loving and BRRRRRR...........He has this don’t care attitude stuck on his face for most of the time. Any issue with the system you know whom to go and seek help.

6. Pchow

My team -lead. Acts her age but sometimes in her company acts very much under aged. Likes to watch all the drama and keeps her opinions to herself.

7. Jaya

Respect. It takes lot of patience to guide a bunch of unruly kids like US. I go sit on her desk and go on talking .Even during the Tsunami of work load over her she has never asked me to keep my mouth shut. I do respect her attitude towards work and respect her as an individual.

8. Ragul

No comments there. Sweet guy

9. Raj

Respect. No fuzz guy he is one person who used to support me and Mallu all the way. Realistic in his approach. Have seen him slouching in his chair when the work used to be at its peak .You can see him cracking occasional but, impactful jokes on Malvika and that’s when you know C++ work modules are closed.

Then there are lots of people…Srini, Manas, Viji, Anshu, Sujay,Logesh, testing team and lots more…..people who made my stay in AIRBUS worthwhile, people who made my day bearable, people who walked past and smiled, people who made me realize what work culture is all about.

Now for the moments….

MOMENTS

Tea times, Lunch times, small small arguments, teasings, tears, chocolate moments, meetings, Junkyard grooves, DJ nights ,Xmas celebrations, lies, delivery , late night work,ccd,EC1,the final farewell....I have pictures of millions of moments captured in ma memory and I don't have a guarantee of what time may do to these memories but, they will be always preserved in a corner of ma heart.

Adieus AIRBUS, thanks for making me what I am today, thanks for testing my patience, thanks for giving lots of amazing people as friends, thanks for teaching me about life beyond textbooks, thanks for everything!!!

No comments: