Saturday, August 27, 2011

MIRROR, MIRROR on the wall


I spend my boring weekends reading and spending a considerable amount of time surfing the net. I am an avid blogger since 2006, the year when I decided to get away with the habit of putting my thoughts on a dairy cause it presented an array of complications from, my brother sneaking into my personal life via my diaries to finding a new diary every year. My transition from paper to e-pages was quite smooth. I never felt the urge to publish my real name cause, I like the aura of mysterious charm and the privacy that blogosphere provides me. The news of my personal blog was shared with a few as it provided me the perfect platform to let know the other person what I am thinking at the moment, it eased out lot of conflicts within and gave me a perspective to start afresh each day. I wrote cause I wanted to, I am no wizard when it comes to words, just that I can manage my words and have my adjustable grip over em. As time passed my style evolved too and slowly but, steadily this blog became a part of my life. Even today, some of the old memories bring out smile on my lips. 5 years have passed and this blog has been always my pillar of support.

Over time my tastes have changed rapidly from teenage blog following-family blog following-fashion blog following, I amuse myself during each milestone periods of my life. My current favourite? Well, fashion blogs and I have quite a few bookmarked. May be age is catching up with me, or is it the desire to look good and the happiness that reflects when you see someone wear something that you don’t have the guts to wear?. What is that I like about fashion blogging ?the colours, stories, trend alerts, mix ‘n’ match and whole lot more to be precise.

I am not much of a dresser myself, I can easily camouflage myself into the regular looking crowd and you will never spot me J. I look like your regular neighborhood not so stylish 23 year old .I am faced by so many constrains that holds me back from experimenting with my looks

  1. Socio-environmental constrains: In my place sleeveless/shorts/peep toes/attention seeking colors are a definite NO-N). You can give the above a miss if you have a chauffeur to drop you from the place you want to go to your home, but if you have parents like mine who insist that you be part of a larger environmental movement by traveling in public transport then the above constrain is definitely applicable to you.
  2. Even the climate (hot/humid/rains) doesn’t allow me to wear my heart out.
  3. Budget constraints are non-existent because I have a job that pays me well.
  4. Absence of any major retail giants in your city can be yet another constrain.

Sandwiched in between all these constrains if I don’t manage to impress you how can you blame me huh?. No one expects me to give em a piece of advice on fashion so, it’s all fair.

After going through the all the blogs I did realise something about myself, that I do have an enviable collection of earrings and after numerous number of thinking-analyzing-rethinking I decided that I would start a new blog showcasing my earring collection and thus, A GIRL WITH A PEARL EARRING came into existence. This particular blog is not like my personal blog where, nothing what I write doesn’t has to be understood by the reader. They may not make any sense most of the time, not if you don’t know the REAL me. I wish ki the other blog (, A GIRL WITH A PEARL EARRING) get a small fan/critic base and people read/reject/throw stones/reject my so called obsession with earrings. For that matter of fact MIRROR will always be my first love, the thing I cherish for being PERSONAL. This might clear some airs about posts from A GIRL WITH A PEARL EARRING getting published on my facebook wall quite frequently.

I do follow some blogs religiously, some which I can relate to, some which I like from a distance, some which I admire well, most of the places I may/may not leave a comment based on what catches my fancy. Most of the times I just read and make a quite exit as I don’t want the reader to be pressurized into replying to my comment or as a return of favor visit my blog. This blog (MIRROR) has given me so much freedom, so much courage to write on/about things I care and it will continue to remain so.

2 comments:

pavani reddy said...

nice write-up...n ya gr8 blog

Thripti Aravind said...

@pavani reddy Thanks:)