Sunday, February 01, 2009



We rocked the fest yet again.Two consecutive years and until next arts ,the cup will be safely placed inside the AEI department.The victory doesn't belong to AEI alone,but whole lot of people who worked day in and out.Leave me out,I don't deserve a mention.What I experienced during the arts was something to cheer about,walls broke,conversations happened,past was forgotten.I'm still not sure if it will continue from Monday,but if it did it would be a regret wiped off.


Okay I do know how to bring out Keats and Shakespeares for,the students I selected bagged 4 out of 9 positions in literary events.Now,what say Mr.You know who?.Even i bagged 3rd prize for my story:30 hours-Autobiography of a terrorist.The short film topic:Silence speaks, brought back some old memories,previous Arts fests ,the long wait ,communication through eyes.The corridors where ,I spent most of ma educative years staring at someone.I never had the courage go and speak to him so, whatever I wanted to speak I conveyed through ma eyes and he understood.We were not even in a relationship but,somehow he read ma thoughts better than anyone else.The brandwars again where,he actually wanted me to go onstage but,ma fear for live talks somehow forced me to give up ma position.As a compensation, I took part in mock press this year,Mock press requires two qualities I lack the most:Humour sense and quick response.I skipped few heart beats but, ma captain and friends assured me that I have what it takes to tackle the press.I enacted MS Dhoni,Indian cricket captain.Cricket is something I'm not quite comfortable with still ,I made people laugh and even the judges bursted out.Considering the fact that I was the only girl of the lot and also,being ma first time most of ma pals were quite surprised to see me crack ma shell.May be the Arts wasn't as bad as I projected it to turn up.I actually got back lot of things I missed,pain,hope and confidence.LIFE GOES ON.

No comments: