Sunday, February 08, 2009



This post is about raw talent.The first time I met Nisha,i rubbed her off as yet another arrogant junior but, her work made me her admirer.There are people,who think writing poems is no big deal as it only requires rhyming words at the end and complicated sentences.For me,the highest point of achievement is to write a good poem,unfortunately I don't think I can in near future.I started ma literary journey through poems but, somewhere down the line I lost the art.Purists call ma poems, a branched version of thoughts.I'm never comfortable with the constrains,I can never introduce rhyming in ma poems.There are poems, which are beautiful even without the rhyme but,they are full of literary puns,sophistication,flowing beauty.Once you start with the first line you don't feel like stopping until the last.I'm more comfortable with stories,Hindi and English here, not the style that's given prime importance but,the idea.You can replace any word with another suitable one,the one of your choice something that cannot be done in poems.My style of writing depicts even the minutest details of the surrounding though time consuming it gives me immense satisfaction to put into paper what i have imagined.Also,ma stories are character centric,one character that drives the whole story.In poems its style that matters,the sentence construction that matters.That's why I believe a good poet is a literary genius.


This poem was given by Nisha for selection process.She is the 1st prize winner for poem writing competition.


A TALE OF VITAL LIES


The darkest hour before dawn

a lonely shore in the bowels in the metropolis

the only witness to this tale of vital lies

the night has an exuberant charm in her

coquettishly igniting the ardent passion

she was their partner in crime

The waves swept over the gravel

glittering in the moonlight

paving the bed where he laid her

the filth stained her bare skin

and soaked her curls

but he unaware and she numb

both succumbing to the spell of the chill.....


I'm too lazy to type whole of the poem.The poem flows like a river and you won't feel like to put an end until the last line.Congrats girl,keep the good work up.


No comments: