Saturday, November 22, 2008

A random post



A heart warming smile,tears filled eyes,a nod,"Thank you's",a word of appreciation,mutual understanding,support, few of the ingredients in a successful relationship.I'm not a person, who likes to go out and celebrate for no reasons.For, me each of the celebrations holds a meaning and being in the last phase of college life BIRTHDAY CELEBRATIONS cannot be tagged "UNNECESSARY".Yesterday ,we celebrated SMI's birthday,21 good years have passed since she steeped on to the cradle of the earth. It took me 1 week to decide on "WHAT TO BUY".Knowing her tastes for so long, i had to cut out possibly everything from a budget.Finally i was so stuck by the idea of a "TEDDY BEAR" miniature prototype of the one i posses.Giving a 21 year old a teddy bear seems so childish but, we are still children deep down inside in a different perspective,wanting to get hold of whatever we "don't" have, trying to do everything possible to get some attention,the child is still in there taking a nap.After a disappointing core paper, we headed to her new home.What awaited us was a lavish SADHYA.

I was back home at 7:30.Frequent calls from home made me frantic.Dad and mom's calls in successive random pattern,ma parents are not like typical parents wanting to put restriction on everything i do.They give me directions and finally its my choice which route to take.But, yesterday something happened way out of ma expectations.The guys waited for me at the bus stop till, i boarded the bus safely back home.On reaching ma stop i had ma brother waiting for me as per ma instruction.What i saw there was even more troubling,he was there with Dad's old bike.He asked me to get in which i promptly denied.He is 17 and a master of speed,getting behind him on an activa itself is life threatening. The prospects of seeing a geared vehicle scared me even more.I had a brush with an accident, while travelling with him on the very same bike.He got me into his confidence and every time he changed gears the bike raced out of control.I had to say in every prayer i ever knew.Those 10 minutes were the worst in ma life,scared,tensed and God knows what feelings rushed past me that time i sat behind him eyes tightly shut,clutching him hard, only to breathe at a normal pace when i saw the house in front of me.As we got in i asked"Where is MOM and DAD?".What he said warmed up ma blood from the chilly ride."They aren't home.Both of them forgot their mobiles at home.I was thinking why you were getting late.I was the one who called you from both the mobiles". I knew it or at least thought about the probability of someone messing around with the mobiles.Ma brother can drive me to the edge at times,his eagerness to act his part of that of a brother,annoying calls every 5 minutes to know where i have reached, the loud orders while in a bus together.Ma parents know that I'm mature enough to handle ma self but, this doesn't get into Sank's head.


After dinner i ran downstairs hearing arguments.It was Dad giving ma brother, a dose of his own medicine.The bike on which he came to receive me had its front tyre punctured.Sank knew it and still rode all the way without letting me know."You have no right to put her life in danger too.You are an irresponsible guy but ,today's incident was so immature of you.Never repeat this"Dad shouted.Whole time ma brother stood there looking on to the floor.I trusted ma life with him those 10 minutes,though i reached home safely to write this post i regret not acting like a 21 year old or even like a sister.The day that saw so many random incidents, so many adventures, so many mis-actions.regretful deceisions.21/11/08 close of the chapter and a new day awaits.


No comments: