Friday, June 10, 2011


How much do we get influenced by people and places ?a lot? or is it rarely or even a not at all? Well, in ma case the phrase " most of the times" would be apt. One has to just audit through ma bookmarks to get state of ma mind at that instant. Yesterday was one of those jobless days. Usually I have ma set of friends to ping and disturb on such days but, not yesterday .All communicators bulbs were gleaming RED and a "DO NOT DISTURB" warning that kept me off from ma usual dose of Hais and hellos. I have some interesting blogs bookmarked to keep maself occupied on such days. Ma neighbors would have had a panic attack seeing ma screen full of fab decors. I can get pretty annoyed if am working like a donkey trying to work through the 5 doc at a time where as ma neighbor is sitting there sipping his/her coffee slightly hunched on the chair listening to ma favorite song on his/her Ipod instead of taking a good look at the docs .So, I do know how much pair of eaglish eyes I had to evade yesterday. Home/Decor/design is ma area of interest along with just to see fashion/gossip/masala domain .Its remarkable how people can come up with such creative ideas ,turn junk into a masterpiece in short turn walls to homes. It amazes me cause no matter what I do, ma brother ,mom or dad end up messing up and I end up thinking that "THE IDEA" is not worth implementing in a home like mine where movement happen in every second. No matter how many ever times I warn ma brother not to have his junk food dosage on sofa he still does, no matter how many times I warn ma mom not to remove the candles from its designated place she still does it, no matter how many ever times I ask ma dad not to crumble the carpet he still does. In midst of all these chaos I end up losing the war against the unwanted forces .For them it’s just a home, not something to be feel good about...its just a place where you spent some hours of a day. The visual aspect of interior design is neglected an even ma mom discourages me on ma endeavors due to the large amount of effort she has to put in to keep things in place when am not around .Of 20 months that I stayed away from ma home and ma room, the worst neglected part of the house was ma room. For someone who keeps her room picture perfect it was heartbreaking to see things strewn around or the being misplaced. The long separation spelled doom for ma room, and it slowly turned to a cowed den ,somewhere you just don't wANNa spent more than the regular 7 hours of sleeping time .Another problem that I faced was dust, it had engulfed my pet soft toys all browned beyond recognition .The window grills covered in piles of dust or the curtains singing a sad tale....so much for the sad state... The whole day I ended up reading interior design blogs ,DIY ideas and by 6:45 when I left ma PC I was inspired to do something, to change the perspective of how things are done at ma home. By 8 I reached my humble adobe and first things I did was to throw out ma brothers computer and after 3 hours of hard toiling ma room was ready though not remotely close to what I had seen in blogs but at par with ma expectations. People say that your home is where the heart is but, I beg to differ In ma case, its “heart is where ma home is” .Each one of us would like to stay in a picture perfect home, one that invites you in, one that makes you wanna extend your stay a little longer ,one that makes you smile at its sight ,one that calms your senses .Even , I dream of "MY PERFECT HOME" and someday ma dreams will take its shape .Every home oozes its residents sensibilities ,tastes and you can judge a person with the way in which he keeps his/her home. I have always turned to good books when I am short of literary inspiration, style blogs when my wardrobe looks "MEH" now its interior solutions...Im never short of inspiration thanks to the world wide web that keeps my dull life going.
Image courtesy:of peacocks and paisleys

No comments: