Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Is it?

I will keep this post simple and fuzz free...Is blood thicker than water...technically yeah!!!but, then do you believe so?.  If you are put in a spot where you have to choose between your family/relatives and friends what would you choose?. When I say family/relatives it's not exactly you grandfathers brothers son's daughter cousin brothers....am talking about, but immediate family. I for one believe that no matter how hard I fall, there is always a bunch of people behind me to act as my cushion, the ones who lessen the impact of the fall, the ones who motivate me to get back up and face the blow again. Now that bunch of people includes set of friends and family, if you ask me to specifically to pick one I would pick my family against friends and this wouldn't have been the case if the same question was asked some 4-5 years back.


Those teenage years tricks you into believing that the gang of friends are you everything, they are your world, and there is no life beyond college. Things are far more brutal in reality. There were moments in my life when I had actually hoped my so called friends would back me out of any crappy situations but, even the so called sisterhood didn't survive the onslaught of time and slowly eroded away with distance. I would shut my eyes and cry, hoping for my friends to miraculously appear from nowhere and ease out my pain well, all I was left with was hissing sound of the mighty wind. And then I felt a tremendous surge of energy, a blue light shinning at the horizon and it took me 4-5 years to realize that the blue light that helped me through the tough times were in fact my family/relatives. Some of you can drub off by saying by the description that my friends were not real friend but yours are. 


The reason why your family consider your pain as their own is because your pain directly affects them. For your friend, you pain is not a part of their life. They are immune to all the inside turmoil where as the family has to deal with your pain as their own. 


Why you may feel, some of you might even feel "there is no point in this post, everyone knows family is important than friends". Well, there are still people in this world who think otherwise. There are still people to whom this theory doesn't make sense. There are still people who think the dil chahtha hai kinda friendship exist.

18 comments:

Swarnali said...

You have no idea how much I can connect to this post. There was a time when friendship meant the world to me but life gives you bitter lessons to prove that blood is indeed thicker than water. Great post.

a mom's diet said...

I HAD AN EXPERIENCE ONCE WHEN MY FAMILY SUPPORTED ME ALONG WITH MY FRIENDS BUT THERE CAME A TIME WHEN THOSE FRIENDS LOOSENED AWAY BECAUSE THEIR BOYFRIENDS WANTED THEM TO STAY AWAY FROM ME AND FOCUS ONLY ON PUPPY LOVE. SO CHEAP IS THAT IDEA! BROKEN HEARTS, STUPID CONFRONTATIONS LATER I AM NOW BACK TO BEING FRIENDS WITH THEM AGAIN.
CHEERS!
-KUNJ

Sayantani Saha said...

This is so true! No matter what happens, family will stand with you through it all!

Swistar said...

Remember, your family is bound to support you. But your friends treat you the way you treat them!!! That makes all the difference

Mishty said...

I know what you mean, but sometimes, just sometimes, you do find that gem of a person who is ready to get wet in the rain with you even though she has rainwear only because you don't, someone who'll take a break from her busy schedule just because you need her company. People like that are few and far between. My point is, don't lose hope yet,there will be friends who are almost as good as family...

AGAM said...

I really don't feel that this a baseless subject. Infact it is a very meaningful topic you have touched upon. During our college years and the teenage we are led to believe that the friendships so made are for a lifetime. But, the practicalities of life are harsh. No matter how much you want yourself to not believe but people change, priorities change and so does that bond. If you realize it and accept it (which btw I took ages to) you can move on with little hurt.
Friends are important, friends are valuable but your real world, support and love basket is only and only your family! :)
Stay Blessed!!
Thank you for stopping by my blog and for your lovely comment. I am glad you liked my post. Please do visit me again :)

AVY said...

Friends don't have the same reasons to love you, but then again, not everyone has a friendly family either.


/Avy

http://mymotherfuckedmickjagger.blogspot.com

a mom's diet said...

havent heard from u since long,
wish to read something from u soon.
btw, i cannot see a 'follow' tab here. lemme know how i can follow ur blogs.
cheers~
Kunj

teresweetstyle said...

i think the same, family is more important, i mean, the most important thing in life. without them we couldn't be the way we are!

have a nice weekend!

xx

Red Handed said...

family over friends.......but relatives below bacteria!!

Thripti Aravind said...

@Swarnali Thanks dear:)
@Kohl_lined Happened to me when I was in college, so I am much wiser now:)

Thripti Aravind said...

@SAYANTANI SAHA yeah :)!!

Thripti Aravind said...

@Swistar No matter how much ever we treat certain people as kings and queens, they always treat us like the most insignificant worms. The key is to find REAL people who accept the REAL you...

Thripti Aravind said...

@Mishty I v lost hope after all these years...I now just too old to go on hunt for BFF as the books describe

Thripti Aravind said...

@Agam true...harsh realities

Thripti Aravind said...

@Red Handed I really know how you 'FEEL' about relatives:p

Thripti Aravind said...

@Tere Ávila It's surprising to find so many people echoing my feelings:)

Thripti Aravind said...

@AVY Yeah you have touched upon an important point